How to invest your retirement funds (in post-downgrade South Africa)
307 days ago
Now that South Africa has suffered its first ratings downgrade in 17 years; how should you invest to keep your retirement safe?
Ingram gave a number of useful tips:
Living annuities can invest up to 100% overseas if you wish – balance between income vs. risk management.
Retirement Annuities, provident funds and pension funds may only have 25% of investments offshore.
Tax breaks remain useful.
Growth inside retirement funds are tax free.
There are great estate planning benefits to retirement funds (e.g. no estate duty, no executor’s fees, etc.)
For more detail; listen to the interview in the audio below.
Enter your email address in the form below to receive a newsletter containing the most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show every Friday morning in your inbox.
Recently heard on air
- Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire... Download
- Connell Cruise - Into the Wild Download
- Niall Horan - Slow Hands Download
- GoodLuck - Saved By the Summer... Download
- Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise Download
- Sam Smith - One Last Song Download
- The Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu Download
- CRAZY WHITE BOY FEAT. APPLE... Download
- Kyle Deutsch - All Night Download
- Khalid & Normani - Love Lies Download