10 things millennials will never fully grasp (and many other flashbacks)
64 days ago
In many ways, millennials have had it relatively easy compared to the generations before them.
Long before Google, MacBooks and Tinder, a different generation got through their youth with a little less ease.
Presenter Eusebius McKaiser invited listeners to share their nostalgic memories of the era before digital everything.
#ThingsMillenialWIllNeverUnderstand "Nommer asseblief! Nommer asseblief!"— Eusebius McKaiser (@Eusebius) May 19, 2017
10 things millennials will never understand:
1. There was once a time before [insert streaming service of choice here].
2. Having to adjust the aerial for a better picture on your TV - no HD.
@Eusebius I'm a millenial & I don't miss having to hold the TV aerial at a weird angle for an hour for us to watch wrestling.— Night At the Museum (@BanNgidi) May 19, 2017
3. Making your way to the nearest telephone booth with small change or to make a collect call.
@Eusebius millennials won't understand tikkie boxes and reverse calls— Karabo K. Kgoleng (@KaraboKgoleng) May 19, 2017
4. The highly technical skill needed to rewind or fix unraveling cassette tapes.
5. This slight broadcasting inconvenience.
6.Not immediately knowing how those selfies turned out. #Kodak
7. A kids show for the history books, before Disney channel.
8. Written communication not sent via an App?
#ThingsMillenialsWillNeverUnderstand Telegrams...— Eusebius McKaiser (@Eusebius) May 19, 2017
9. When your floppy disk just wouldn't cooperate.
10. Before sliced bread hit the market (and when the milk man was still a thing).
#ThingsMillenialsWillNeverUnderstand going to the shop and buy unsliced loaf of Albany bread.— Mike Khosa (@mikekhosa10) May 19, 2017
Take a listen to callers share their experiences during a trip down memory lane: