Estate agents furious about FNB app that totally cuts them and commission out
253 days ago
They are biting the hand that feeds them. [It is] disappointing that they decided to go this route. [FNB's announcement] is for us a wakeup call, maybe we need to restructure our business.Gordon Smart, Smart Properties
FNB has a new feature in its banking app that allows its clients to buy and sell their homes to each other, bypassing estate agents – and sales commissions - altogether.
Some estate agents are furious.
The service is only available to FNB clients.
FNB holds about 25% of the South African home loan market.
Listen to the interview in the audio below (and/or scroll down for quotes from it).
Property buying is highly emotive… Sometimes you want a friend… We have an opportunity for estate agents to play a role…Lee Mhlongo, FNB
This platform is for free…Lee Mhlongo, FNB
Some [estate agents] are threatening to close accounts… It’s a sideswipe that caught us unaware…Gordon Smart, Smart Properties
You’ve got to lift your game… to justify those commissions… It’s a wakeup call…Gordon Smart, Smart Properties
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry - Con... Download
- BEBE REXHA - RUIN MY LIFE Download
- Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I... Download
- Kelis - Trick Me Download
- Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar Download
- Ariana Grande - break up with... Download
- P!nk - Hustle Download
- JOHN LEGEND - TONIGHT (BEST YOU... Download
- Jess Glynne - Thursday Download
- James Bay - Wild Love Download