Vitality rewards make us move it more, finds largest-ever behaviour change study
83 days ago
People using Vitality Activity Rewards have activity levels 34% higher than those without incentives.
This insight comes from the world’s most extensive ever physical activity behaviour change study based on verified data.
Vitality’s Incentives and Physical Activity report covered the behaviour of more than 400 000 people in South Africa, the US and UK.
Vitality says the 34% increase in activity equals 4.8 extra days of exercise per month, translating to two additional years of life.
Founder Adrian Gore signed a pledge committing his company to make 100 million people 20% more active by 2025.
Listen to the interview in the audio below (and/or scroll down for quotes from it).
The amount of exercise plateaus, but certainly doesn’t drop off…Dr Craig Nossel
Exercise is a very complex behaviour to change… it’s not easy…Dr Craig Nossel
People that are overweight… We still got the same behaviour change…Dr Craig Nossel
The ability to get inactive people to become active, and sustaining that behaviour, is what our business is about…Dr Craig Nossel
Improving the risk pool is critical… [and] the positive impact on society.Dr Craig Nossel
Enjoy The Money Show, but miss it sometimes?
Get the best bits emailed to you daily, right after it ends:
Recently heard on air
- Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing... Download
- Robin S. - Show Me Love Download
- Rianne - Timber (Karaoke... Download
- Ariana Grande - thank u, next Download
- Kelly Rowland featuring Nelly -... Download
- Rita Ora - Let You Love Me Download
- Sean Kingston - Me Love Download
- Kaien Cruz - Dangerous Download
- Coldplay - A Sky Full of Stars Download
- Shekhinah - Please Mr Download