Drowning in debt? How to break free (while paying lower monthly instalments)
11 days ago
The National Credit Act brought into life the process called debt counselling… As debt counsellors, we’re allowed to lower monthly payments… The Act provides a lot of protection…Neil Roets, Debt Rescue
It’s a new year and time for a fresh financial start.
Citadel’s Daryl Coker recently wrote an article with the following seven money-saving tips to get your finances in shape:
Review your budget.
Pay back the money.
Price-check your short-term insurance.
Be smart when dealing with school fees.
Pay less tax.
Think about timing when buying a car.
Click here for more detail on each of these seven tips.
White asked Roets to provide advice to those who are drowning in debt after the excesses of festive season spending, back-to-school costs, etc.
For more detail listen to the interview in the audio below (and/or scroll down for more quotes from it).
More than half of all credit consumers in South Africa are over-indebted… the situation doesn’t look good… We do not have a savings culture…Neil Roets, Debt Rescue
South Africans are not really financially literate… Even people with degrees go into the workforce without any financial education whatsoever… They fall prey to credit providers…Neil Roets, Debt Rescue
The banks still need to make money, and they make money by giving out loans… We’ve seen a massive increase in unsecured loans…Neil Roets, Debt Rescue
Enjoy The Money Show, but miss it sometimes?
Get the best bits emailed to you daily, right after it ends:
Recently heard on air
- Kygo & Miguel - Remind Me to... Download
- Goldfish - One Million Views... Download
- Halsey - Without Me Download
- Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard... Download
- Panic! At the Disco - High... Download
- Cinimin - You & Me (feat. Amy... Download
- LADY ZAMAR - COLLIDE (RADIO... Download
- SUN EL MUSICIAN /SAMETHING... Download
- AVA MAX - SWEET BYT PSYCHO Download
- ALAN WALKER FEAT. J.P COOPER -... Download