'We’re not breaking even yet. It’s been 8 years. It’s not unusual'
112 days ago
It takes money to build a scalable e-commerce business… We’re not breaking even yet. It’s been eight years now… This is not unusual… The prize at the end of it is what you’re aiming for…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
Delivery is tough… That’s why we bought Mr Delivery and turned it into a courier company… We’re doing 1.2 million deliveries a month… roundabout 30 000 to 40 000 deliveries a day…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
Takealot.com is South Africa’s largest online store.
Reid was at the “Shop the Future” event in Cape Town on Tuesday.
He founded the company in 2010.
Listen to the interview in the audio below (and scroll down for more quotes from it).
I was at Naspers… I decided to start something on my own…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
There’s nothing that complex about what we do…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
We don’t have Amazon in the market…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
We’re roughly at about R5.5 billion at the moment… In 5 years we’ll be in the region of about R20 billion… The market is big enough to get there…Kim Reid, CEO - Takealot.com
Enjoy The Money Show, but miss it sometimes?
Get the best bits emailed to you daily, right after it ends:
Recently heard on air
- Matthew Mole - Run Download
- Halsey - Nightmare Download
- Daft Punk - One More Time Download
- Lady Zamar - This Is Love... Download
- Faith Evans - Love Like This Download
- Liquideep - Fairytale (Reprise) Download
- Ariana Grande - 7 rings Download
- JAY Z & Rihanna - Umbrella... Download
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen... Download
- December Streets - Messed Up Download