8 tips and tricks to cut your cost of living
67 days ago
The cost of living in South Africa keeps on rising.
Ingram discussed ways to reduce lifestyle costs:
Get a solar geyser.
Arrange your transport differently (e.g. carpooling, ridesharing, etc.).
Investigate network options within your medical aid.
Cancel the loyalty program on your medical aid.
Review your cellphone contract and stop changing your phone every 18 months.
Shop for groceries differently (e.g. greengrocers and small retailers instead of national chains).
Change the way you watch TV.
Buy children’s school clothes from a clothing bank.
Cancel your short term insurance (but do shop around for the best deal).
Stop saving unless you’re retired.
- Increase the share allocation of your investments.
For more detail; listen to the interview in the audio below.
Enjoy The Money Show, but miss it sometimes?
Get the best bits emailed to you daily, right after it ends:
Recently heard on air
- P!nk - Hustle Download
- Lupe Fiasco - Superstar (feat.... Download
- Hailee Steinfeld - Back to Life... Download
- Kyle Deutsch - Can't Get Enough Download
- ZAYN - Let Me Download
- Meghan Trainor - All About That... Download
- Jonas Blue - Rise (feat. Jack &... Download
- Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down... Download
- Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop Download
- Shortstraw - Bikini Weather Download