[Watch] 'You take Main Street, ne? Naai, you take Ngcobo Street!'
145 days ago
In December last year, the advertising regulator banned Chicken Licken’s “Legend of Big John” TV ad.
The advert tells the story of the 1650 journey of a black South African who colonises Europe.
The Advertising Regulatory Board ruled that the ad trivialises colonialism in a way that is “upsetting for many South Africans”.
Chicken Licken’s new ad “The Bootless Bandit” tries again.
I think you can argue quite reasonably that this is glorifying colonialism again but on a different continent... It’s a rather random piece of creativity…Andy Rice
Listen to the interview in the audio below (and scroll down to watch “The Bootless Bandit” and “Legend of Big John”).
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- Post Malone - Better Now Download
- Khalid - Talk Download
- Demi Lovato - Cool for the... Download
- Black Coffee - Your Eyes (feat.... Download
- Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing... Download
- Jesse Clegg - Let It Burn Download
- Matthew Mole - Autumn Download
- Mariah Carey - Fantasy Download
- Silk City, Dua Lipa -... Download
- Lizzo - Juice Download