6 things to watch post-election, considering your investments in South Africa
290 days ago
South Africa’s sixth democratic national election is done and dusted.
Warren Ingram, a financial advisor at Galileo Capital, is keeping a close eye on the following six things:
Election results - Magnitude is a signal, contrary to what others say.
President Ramaphosa’s “first” Cabinet – its size and who is there (and who isn’t).
The restructuring of Eskom - who is in charge (and how quickly they start making meaningful changes).
Land expropriation - How quickly it is resolved (and how rationally).
Streamlining of tourism in South Africa - visa regulations, crime fighting and the marketing of the country.
Job creation and education initiatives - too early to measure (but what action are they considering?).
For more detail listen to the interview in the audio below.
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight Download
- Bruno Mars - 24K Magic Download
- Beyoncé - Halo Download
- 3 Doors Down - Here Without You Download
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder on... Download
- Amy Winehouse - Rehab Download
- John Legend - Green Light (feat... Download
- Britney Spears - Everytime Download
- Calum Scott - Dancing on My Own Download
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape Download