6 things to watch post-election, considering your investments in South Africa
67 days ago
South Africa’s sixth democratic national election is done and dusted.
Warren Ingram, a financial advisor at Galileo Capital, is keeping a close eye on the following six things:
Election results - Magnitude is a signal, contrary to what others say.
President Ramaphosa’s “first” Cabinet – its size and who is there (and who isn’t).
The restructuring of Eskom - who is in charge (and how quickly they start making meaningful changes).
Land expropriation - How quickly it is resolved (and how rationally).
Streamlining of tourism in South Africa - visa regulations, crime fighting and the marketing of the country.
Job creation and education initiatives - too early to measure (but what action are they considering?).
For more detail listen to the interview in the audio below.
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- SALT N' PEPPA - LET'S TALK... Download
- Coldplay - Clocks Download
- Anne-Marie - Perfect to Me Download
- P!nk - Hustle Download
- Lupe Fiasco - Superstar (feat.... Download
- Hailee Steinfeld - Back to Life... Download
- Kyle Deutsch - Can't Get Enough Download
- ZAYN - Let Me Download
- Meghan Trainor - All About That... Download
- Jonas Blue - Rise (feat. Jack &... Download