6 things to watch post-election, considering your investments in South Africa
16 days ago
South Africa’s sixth democratic national election is done and dusted.
Warren Ingram, a financial advisor at Galileo Capital, is keeping a close eye on the following six things:
Election results - Magnitude is a signal, contrary to what others say.
President Ramaphosa’s “first” Cabinet – its size and who is there (and who isn’t).
The restructuring of Eskom - who is in charge (and how quickly they start making meaningful changes).
Land expropriation - How quickly it is resolved (and how rationally).
Streamlining of tourism in South Africa - visa regulations, crime fighting and the marketing of the country.
Job creation and education initiatives - too early to measure (but what action are they considering?).
For more detail listen to the interview in the audio below.
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please... Download
- Drake - Nice For What Download
- JAY Z, Kanye West & Rihanna -... Download
- Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina -... Download
- Lost Frequencies - Are You with... Download
- DAVID GUETTA FT KID CUDI -... Download
- BTS - Boy With Luv (feat.... Download
- Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up Download
- Rita Ora - Let You Love Me Download
- PRINCE KAYBE / BUSISWA / TNS -... Download