Connect With The World: 947 Breakfast Club chat to Samantha in Singapore
107 days ago
Every morning Anele and the 947 Breakfast Club will connect and share stories with people from around the world who are also in lockdown.
South Africa is on a 21 day lockdown, but so are many other countries around the world. Not only will we be checking in on our locals from Joburg, we would like to chat to our South African friends and family from around the world.
If you have a friend, family member or loved one who is currently somewhere outside of South Africa, send their details to our WhatsApp line 084 00 00 947, and we will try to have them on the show to check how they are keeping up...
The team chatted to Samantha Laura Kaye in Singapore...
As a high risk person, in terms of contracting COVID19, Samantha tried by all means to evade it. When the virus made inroads in Asia in January, she thought she could escape it by coming back to South Africa. But when it was clear that South Africa would be shut down following the spread of the virus, she went back to Singapore with the aim to complete the recording process for her album.
She is just lucky to have her guitar and a microphone to record her music. And no, she hasn’t written a song about Coronavirus, thanks to her band who advised against it. She did send us some of her music though, and you can hear one of the songs during our chat with her.
Sam follows the rules as per lockdown regulations. She wouldn’t want to be barred from ever entering Singapore; like the 24 people whose permits were revoked for loitering. Talk about enforcement!
Here's what they chatted about...
- How are things currently in Singapore?
- Is the lockdown really that bad or is it like being stranded on a remote island?
- How is COVID19 affecting the people there?
- Are we getting the full story here back home?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Who are you missing the most?
You know you’ve reached new levels when organizing your closet and having deep meaningful conversations with your pet become your “fun” things to do. Don’t get that bored – 947.co.za has all your lockdown entertainment needs… on lock!
21 Days of Lockdown with 947.
It’s just us putting some social distance between you and boredom. Because 947 loves you.
Recommendedby NEWSROOM AI
Recently heard on air
- NAO - Fool to Love Download
- Leon Bridges - Inside Friend... Download
- Christina Aguilera - I Turn to... Download
- Taylor Swift - Everything Has... Download
- Ja Rule & Ashanti - Mesmerize Download
- Joel Corry - Head & Heart (feat... Download
- Holly Rey - Deeper Download
- Taylor Swift - Lover (Remix)... Download
- MARREN MORRIS - THE BONES Download
- Connell Cruise - Damaged People Download