You nominate, we celebrate.
At 947 and Spur we love birthdays – but we love organising birthday surprises even more.
If you want to make a friend’s birthday go from ordinary to awesome,
simply tag @947 and add #947SpurBirthdays to your Facebook post when wishing them happy birthday.
If we pick your Facebook post, the 947 team will treat your friend to an awesome birthday experience based on things your friend loves to do.
In other words, probably the best birthday ever!
Spur gift cards worth R1000 are also up for grabs.
View Terms & Conditions
- 1. This competition (“the Competition”) is conducted by Spur Advertising (Pty) Ltd (“Spur”) and Primedia Broadcasting (Pty) Ltd (“947”) may only be entered into by consumers resident in the Republic of South Africa.
- 2. No persons who are directors, members, partners, employees franchisees, or agents of, or consultants to, Spur, 947 and / or their marketing service provider(s) utilised in connection with this Competition, any supplier of goods or services in connection with this Competition, any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, them, or any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of such persons, may enter into the Competition.
- 3. A copy of these Competition rules (“the Rules”) is available on www.spur.co.za. These Rules may be amended by reasonable notification via the Spur and / or 947 website at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted by Spur and its decision regarding any disputes relating to such meaning and / or content will be final and binding.
- 4. Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules.
- 5. This competition will run every month commencing 12am 01 July 2016 up to midnight of 30 June 2017.
- 6. To enter the competition, entrants will have to wish a friend / family member a “Happy Birthday” on Facebook, and tag @947 and include the #947SpurBirthdays hashtag.
- 7. Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times.
- 8. For the Monday 05 December – Thursday 8 December 1 (One) winner p will be chosen and awarded with a R1 000.00 (One Thousand Rand) Spur gift card.
- 9. All winners will be announced live on 947.
- 10. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges out of all the Facebook dedications with the correct hashtag and tag.
- 11. Friday 09 December 2016 – Thursday 15 December 2016, from the Friday to the Thursday, one (One) winner per day will be announced on 947.
- 12. Winners of Friday 09 December 2016 – Thursday 15 December 2016 will be determined based on their individual likes and experiences, and will be in collaboration with a 947 presenter or show.
- 13. The winners of the prizes will be the persons who received the birthday dedication and not the person sending the dedication.
- 14. The prizes are not transferrable nor negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 15. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- 16. Spur and / or 947 may, before or after the winner of the Competition have been publicly announced, require that the winner permit the use of their image and / or name in their marketing material and / or participate in their marketing activities (including endorsing, promoting and / or advertising the services of, Spur or any of its subsidiary or holding companies) (“the Invitation”). The winner has the right to decline the Invitation. Should the winner fail to decline the Invitation by telephone, e-mail or in writing to Lauren Peters: Tel: 021 555-5100, Email: email@example.com, Postal address: P.O. Box 166, Century City, 7446 Cape Town, South Africa, within 3 (Three) days of being notified that they are the winner of the Competition, then such winner shall be deemed to have accepted the Invitation and granted permission and / or agreed to participate in the manner as aforesaid.
- 17. 947 and Spur will not be held responsible for any data charges, SMS charges or phone costs incurred while participating in this competition.
- 18. 947 and Spur will not be held liable for entries not received for any reason whatsoever, and will not be responsible for network connectivity or hardware issues experienced while participating.
- 19. A participant will not be able to win this competition if they have won a prize on 947 within the past 90 (Ninety) days, whether on-air, online or via any of the station’s social platforms.
- 20. If a participant chosen does not comply with these rules, their entry will be disqualified and a new winner will be randomly selected by the panel judges. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however in the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted, is ineligible to accept the prize, or contravenes the terms and conditions of this competition of 947 and SPUR, the prize will be forfeited.
- 21. In addition to the requirements detailed in point 6 above, the entrants to the Facebook competition must be members of the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) in order to be eligible to participate in the Competition however this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any information and / or contact details of entrants submitted in this competition is submitted to Spur and / or 947 only and not to Facebook.
- 22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, or any other social platform.
- 23. All competition queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24. To the maximum extent permitted in law, Spur Advertising (Pty) Ltd, 947, or any holding or subsidiary companies of any of them, or any of their respective directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, franchisees, or anyone associated with any of them, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, loss, claim or damage of any nature whatsoever whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from their participation in any way in, this Competition or as a result of the any prize won there under (any such prizes being utilized and accepted at the own risk of any winner thereof).
- 25. This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: www.dti.gov.za.
- 26. Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.